Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ranbir's Dad stuns Deepika!

Ranbir's Dad stuns Deepika!



It may take Rishi and Ranbir Kapoor some to find the right vehicle to showcase their mutual talent in a father-son combination.

But Ranbir's lady love Deepika Padukone already has that privilege. She will be sharing screen space with Rishi Kapoor in Saif Ali Khan's first production (yet untitled) which has Saif and Deepika in the lead.

Says Deepika, "I did a reading with Rishi Uncle for the film, and I was simply stunned. He's that good. Imtiaz's film will be a departure for me. I'm definitely looking forward to working with Saif. He's one of the best actors we've ever done."

But before that Deepika is currently shooting for Nikhil Advani's Chandni Chowk To China with Akshay Kumar. "I've trained in martial arts for the film. And I enjoyed myself thoroughly. Because I'm athletic.

People see me as very ladylike and proper. But there's another, very tomboyish side of me which you'll see in Chandni Chowk To China."

Her first post-Om Shanti Om release would be Yashraj Films's Bachna Ae Haseenon where she has to share her boyfriend with two other leading ladies.

"Yes. But that's only for the screen no?" she quips. "It's Ranbir's film all the way. In my very first narration I was sure I wanted to do it. Siddharth Anand suggested I take some time to decide.

But I liked his honesty and I loved my bit in the script. Siddharth was honest enough to tell me there were three other girls with Ranbir in the film—now of course there're only two other girls.

As an actor it's important for me to be part of projects I believe in even if my role is comparatively small."

Deepika has also completed two ads for Pepsi with Ranbir. "Now that I'm doing feature films doing ads feels different.

Just when I'm getting used to a leisurely pace of working again in an ad everything has to be crammed into a few minutes. But ads are fun. They remind me of my beginning."

Coming back to the Kapoors Deepika exults, "I'm lucky enough to work with both Ranbir and Rishi Uncle. Now all I need is a film with Neetu Aunty to complete the picture."

0 comments: