Sunday, January 27, 2008

To Catch a Star: We forgot Saigal, Talat: Sonu Nigam

To Catch a Star: We forgot Saigal, Talat: Sonu Nigam


Appropriately apostrophised as 'India's Voice of Love' on the show, Sonu's voice has been used often by Shah Rukh Khan to woo his heroines. Alternately, the same voice has wrenched tears from the eyes of millions.

Rajeev Masand had a lively chat - interspersed with songs - with Sonu Nigam about singing, rivalries, mimicry, and much more.

Rajeev Masand: Sonu, the song these days everyone is talking about is your song from Jodhaa-Akbar . It's a song with A R Rahman and your collaboration with Rahman has always been interesting - you guys have done some interesting work together. You sang for him in Dil Se , you sang for him in Saathiya , you sang for him again in Legend of Bhagat Singh . Is he really a guy who brings out the best in you?

Sonu Nigam: I think he's been known to be very choosy and he chooses good. So, I would say that both of us have had a good tuning. We've worked less with each other. We've not worked too much. In fact, in last five years - after Saathiya - I've hardly worked with him. I remember - I can count on my fingers - I must have sung two songs for him. more

CNN-IBN's special show To Catch a Star featured one of the most talented and versatile singers of the day - Sonu Nigam.

0 comments: