Sunday, January 27, 2008

Aamir goes soft on awards?

Aamir goes soft on awards?



Aamir Khan's irreverence for awards is well known, though award functions may not have been the best venue to look out for the actor in the past, however, with his directorial debut 'Taare Zameen Par' lapping up accolades, the actor-turned-director is becoming more receptive to the accolades coming his way.

When quizzed about his movie winning appreciation, Aamir Khan said:"I make films for my audience. After that, if my films compete at an international level and win in the true spirit, then I am happy."

Speaking at the third Jaipur Literary Festival on his directorial venture, Aamir Khan in his true style was quick to defend his irreverence for awards. "I had experienced a few things back home that weren't to my liking that's why I had stepped back from them," he said.

Will Aamir make his appearance at award functions or not, that's a million dollar question, however, it will not stop 'Taare Zameen Par' from getting honours.

0 comments: