Monday, February 25, 2008

Akshay Kumar: On his Filmfare Award nomination

Akshay Kumar: On his Filmfare Award nomination

How do you feel being nominated in the Best Actor category? Were you expecting it?
No I was expecting not to get any nomination... It has been many years that I haven't been nominated for awards, and I wasn't thinking they'd start now... On the contrary, I was starting to get the hint that maybe I wasn't award material...I guess I was wrong... which kind of makes it more rewarding; Must mean I did something right as it doesn't happen often...

What makes Namastey London so special to you?
The essence of the film being so real makes it special... the script originated from a story told to me by a friend... and it's all there in the film.... I loved the concept, and the script just added to its brilliance... from the music to the story to the eye opening lines, I think personally, Namastey London will always mean a lot to me, and I'm hoping to you guys too...

Who do you think is your toughest competitor in the category of Best Actor?
Hmmm let me think... Umm probably all the other best actors out there... I tend to just shut my eyes and like to live in my world, if you pay too much attention to everyone else you will never be the Best, you'll just end up competing with the guy next to you all the time!

If you win, how do you intend to celebrate?
Sleep early... get up next morning, train and try harder for the next movie....your awards are never remembered for long so there's no point in celebrating for more than the time it takes you to walk off the stage because already there will be someone there ready to take it off you.

0 comments: